Manaslu region, home to the eighth highest peak in the world offers many trekking options in its pristine trekking trails. Among the popular treks in the Manaslu region, Manaslu Short Trek is the ultimate choice for those of us who relish with tranquility and serenity. Manaslu Short Trek is an off-the-beaten-path trek amidst the remote Himalayas. This trek starts from Arughat Bazaar and ends in Besisahar, the place to begin Annapurna Circuit Trek. The trek leads us to associate ancient salt–trading route on the steep-sided Budhi Gandaki stream. From Deng, the slopes of ravines ease and views of snow peaks begin showing from Le gun. Further, from Lho gau, an impressive view of Manaslu, with its double peak, looms described as "a soaring monarch with a double-edged summit towering above fields of barley." This path follows the pine-forested Syala village that offers picturesque horseshoe-shaped peaks and reaches the village of Samagaon at the foot of Manaslu.
This village commands a view of the valley and Pang Phuchi village with a backdrop of the Tibetan border. Further trekking leads on a significant secondary valley to the Larkha La. Along this route, Cheo Himal, Himlung Himal, and Kang Guru are seen, along with occasional views of the Annapurna massif. From here, the meadowland of Bintang (Bimda Choti) is reached, rewarding astounding views of Manaslu.
What to expect ?
Wildlife, Mountains, Peaks, Natural Environment, Hills, Flowers, Flora-Fauna, etc. are the main things to view in Manaslu Region.
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu Airport - (1360m.)
On your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative greets you at the airport, transfer to hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Today you will embark on half-day sightseeing with your tour guide to Pashupatinath and Boudhanath. Get all-embracing insights on two of UNESCO world heritage sites in Kathmandu. Visit Pashupatinath, Hindu's sacred temple and Boudhanath, the center of Tibetan Buddhism will rejuvenate you and offer bountiful photography opportunities. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu (1350M/4429ft) to Aarughat (710m/2329ft) about 8 hrs.’ drive
After breakfast, we will drive to Arughat Khol (approximately 7-8 hours). We will drive all the way to Kathmandu-Pokhara Highway for the first part of the day till Dhading Bensi. Enjoy the scenic landscape, quaint villages, rivers, majestic Ganesh Himal and Manaslu. Overnight in Aarughat.
Day 04: Trek from Aarughat to Lapubensi (880M/2887 ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will start our trekking through beautiful Sal forests. We will climb up onto a ridge above the huge white water of Budhi Gandaki and follow a trail blasted out of the straight-up rock to Khorsane (820m). The rocky trail then weaves up and down from beginning to end, passes tropical waterfalls and again backs down to the bank of Budhi Gandaki. The trail eventually will make its way down and past a few rice terraces on an abrupt rocky trail and down then up around to the Gurung village of LabuBesi.
Overnight in Lapubensi.
Day 05: Trek from Labubensi to Dovan (1070M/3510ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, the way will climb behind a rocky projection. The trail makes some small ups and downs, dropping to the sandy stream bed at 860m from LabuBesi and rising 110m over an aspect ridge to bring you to Maccha Khola village (900m). After crossing Tharo Khola the trail reaches to Khorlabesi and climbs over a little ridge, makes another steep climb, and reaches Tatopani (930m), which means ‘hot water’. The route then continuously climbs on a wide, well-crafted staircase over a ridge to Doban. Overnight in Doban.
Day 06: Trek from Dovan to Jagat (1370M/4494ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, a suspension bridge carries the trail over the Doban Khola. The route will stay low initially then climbs on a rugged rocky path to Duman. Climbing some stone stairs, you will reach to Tharo Bharyang. Trekking along the river for a while and climbing through small villages, you will get to Jagat, which is a beautiful flagstone village. Overnight in Jagat.
Day 07: Trek from Jagat to Deng (2340M/7677 ft), 6-7 hrs, (Lodging + B-L-D),
We will continue our trek climbing over a rocky ridge to Salleri (1440m) where you will have excellent views of Sringi Himal. The trail descends to Setibas (1430m). The valley widens a fragment as the trail continues up to Ghatta Khola. Hike next to the old trail up to Pangsing, climb to Nayak. There are settlements on this route and it is also home to the Manaslu Conservation Area Project office. From here you can view Mt. Lapuchun (5,950m).
Overnight in Deng.
Day 08: Trek from Deng to Namrung (2660m/8727ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will descend through the grassy slopes filled with giant pine trees. Today's trek offers a heavily forested area in a narrow valley, bamboo forests and a collection of rock as we reach the little settlement of Deng (1800m). We will hike through Sringi valley. The up and down trail through the forest offers the views of the Manaslu Massif before you reach Ghap. Continue trek crossing the river several times. The trail crosses the Budhi Gandaki on wooden bridges above gorgeous gorges before entering Namrung through a stone archway. Namrung is a Buddhist village with monasteries, a water turbine, hydroelectricity powerhouse, Mani walls, chortens and prayer flags fluttering in the sky.
Overnight in Namrung.
Day 09: Trek from Namrung to Sama Gaun (3390M/11122ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will again start our trek over a winding alleyway, which moves from end to end in the inner Himalayan range, enjoying mountain views of Rupina la pass, Mt. Manaslu, Gorkha Himal, Dwijen Himal, Lajing peak, and many other snow-capped mountains and peaks. Climbing through a forest of firs, rhododendron, and oaks, the trail enters the closely packed houses of Lihi (2900m) and several Buddhist villages along the way. Overnight in Sama Gaun.
Day 10: Acclimatization rest and exploring day around Sama Gaun (3390M/11122ft), (Lodging+ B-L-D),
We will have a rest day in Sama Gaun for one additional night for adaptation, enjoying the village and a short journey to Manaslu Base Camp or Punggen Gompa. Surrounded by mountains in a passive forest you can hike to Manaslu Base Camp for excellent views of Samdo (Pang Phuchuli); Nagdi Chuli, Simnang Himal, Manaslu glacier, Manaslu icefall.
Overnight in Sama Gaun
Day 11: Trek from Sama Gaun to Ghap (2400M/7874ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we start our trek back to Ghap following the same trail. We will then trek till Ghap and spend the night in Ghap.
Overnight in Ghap
Day 12: Trek from Ghap to Jagat (1370M/4494ft), 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will follow the same trail to reach Jagat, on the way we will enjoy the natural beauty of the forest of pine and rhododendron.
Overnight in Jagat.
Day 13: Trek from Jagat to Machhakhola (970m/3180 ft), 5-6 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will hike down to the Machha Khola in the same way and have lunch on the way. We hike till Machhakhola and spend the night there.
Overnight in MachhaKhola.
Day 14: Trek from Machhakhola to Soti Khola 6-7 hrs.’, (Lodging + B-L-D),
After breakfast, we will hike along the bank of the river until we reach Soti Khola.
Day 15: Drive back from Soti Khola to Kathmandu (1350M/4429ft), 7-8 hrs.’, (Lodging + B).
Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 16: Departure
* B-L-D: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Private transportation: Airport-Hotel-Airport,
- Guided City Tour in Kathmandu in a private vehicle
- Kathmandu Hotel accommodations (bed & breakfast), in twin sharing basi
- Bus Kathmandu-Arughat and Soti Khola- Kathmandu (yourself & staff),
- Restricted Area Permit: Manaslu & Tsum Valley,
- Manaslu Conservation Area Entry Permit,
- TIMS Permit (Trekker's Information Management System),
- Teahouse (Lodge) accommodation during the trek, in twin sharing basis
- Tent (recommended to carry),
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Three meals everyday while on the trek: breakfast, lunch & dinner,
- Experienced English speaking government license holder mountain trekking guide(s),
- Experienced & strong mountain trekking porter(s),
- All programs according to itineraries on full board,
- Wages, food, transportation, accommodation, equipment, insurance, and other facilities to staff during the trek,
- Farewell dinner at a typical Nepali cultural restaurant,
- All kinds of rescue arrangements,
- All kinds of local and government TAX-VAT etc.
- Meals (Lunch & dinner) in Kathmandu
- Your travel-trekking insurance
- International airfare
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers (Tipping is expected),
- All kinds of alcoholic and soft drinks.
- Personal shopping, laundry, trekking equipment, etc.
- Nepal Entry Visa fee,
- Cost raised by cancelation, landslide, weather, political unrest, an illness which are not under our control,
- Extra Night Accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure or early return from a trip (due to any reason) out of scheduled itinerary
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned, price includes section, etc.
- Monument entrance fees while on a tour in Kathmandu (approx USD26 per person)
LOCKERS / STORAGE
Where to meet ?
Our company representative will meet you at Tribhuvan International Airport, and you will commence the trek from the hotel.
- The departure schedule can alter due to any unavoidable circumstances such as weather hazards, festivals, natural changes of walking track, road slides, avalanches, public strikes, etc.
- Price might vary and is subjected to change if there are more than 2 people in a group.
- We facilitate additional programs like mountain Flight, Bungee jumping, Paragliding, Helicopter tour, Film shooting, Rock climbing, Ultralight, Sightseeing, Jungle safari, and more. We can arrange these programs for your request.
- Necessary documents to book this trip include passport’s copy, recent photographs, and insurance copy.