Leaving Lisbon by the Vasco da Gama bridge (the longest in Europe), our first stop will be at the castle of Palmela – an amazing photo opportunity. We then visit a beautiful local family-owned wine farm for some tastings. After it, we will then drive along the mountains of the Arrábida Natural Park (500m peak) to admire the spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean. We will then stop for lunch at the fishing village of Sesimbra. After lunch, it’s time for a Wine tasting and a guided tour to the Casa Museu José Maria da Fonseca, one of the oldest wine producers of Portugal, still in the same family (includes 2 wine tastings). Our last stop will be at the Cristo-Rei (Christ statue) with a great view. Return to Lisbon by the 25th de April Bridge to enjoy the last sightseeing of the day.
What to expect ?
Discover the breathtaking scenery and delicious wine of Arrábida full-day tour from Lisbon. In the company of a live guide, leave the city behind and witness the wild beauty of the Portuguese countryside. Tour wine cellars in the Arrábida region and lock your lips on several local vintages. Stop for stunning photo opportunities at locations including Palmela Castle, Arrábida Natural Park and at the Christ the King (Cristo Rei) monument overlooking Lisbon.
- Start with a pickup from Hard Rock Café Lisbon hotel in the morning. Cross over the Vasco da Gama Bridge, the longest in Europe, and wave goodbye to Lisbon as you travel south toward the lush green Arrábida Natural Park, located on the shore of the Sado Estuary. As you cruise along the roads, hear your guide explain more about this beautiful winemaking region.
- At the edge of the Arrábida mountain range, stop in the small town of Palmela. Ascend the fortified castle — a former Moorish stronghold — around which the village is built and take in astounding views of the surrounding peaks and farmland, as well as of Lisbon and the coastline. Hop back into the car and continue the journey with your guide, weaving through the slopes of the forested Arrábida range.
- Call into an intimate family-owned winery in the heart of the protected park. Explore the cellars, before raising four local wines to your lips during a tasting session. Before leaving the park, stop at the highest point, a 1,640-foot (500-meter) peak to snap some photos and take in the verdant vistas.
- Continue on to the fishing village of Sesimbra, which is situated at the foothills of the adjacent mountains on the Atlantic coast. Perhaps sit down for lunch in one of the town’s restaurants (own expense), before enjoying free time to lounge on the beautiful golden sand beach.
- Next up is the pretty village of Azeitao, also located in the foot of the Arrábida hills amid olive and cork trees. Call into a local wine cellar, where you can try the region’s renowned sweet muscatel wine and a red variety.
- Return to Lisbon, stopping briefly at the Christ the King monument, which — just like its famous namesake statue in Rio de Janeiro — overlooks the city. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off back at Hard Rock Café Lisbon.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 6 wine tastings
Where to meet ?
You will be notified after the booking.
Please look at include and exclude-